Foster & Crisis Closet
We strive to encourage and support children in crisis and foster families. Our foster closet is equipped with items to improve lives, rebuild dignity, and enrich families for healing and hope for the future.
Helping to Equip Foster Families
Equipping the Called provides new/gently used, current styled clothing, undies/diapers, and toiletries for foster families in Southern Illinois.
We also help reduce the financial strain a new placement can have on a foster family by freeing up funds that would otherwise be used to fulfill these immediate needs. These needs are not always met immediately and this is where we step in.
Watch Equipping The Called on The Thread
We had the opportunity to be on The Thread with Pastor Tim Ezell. Julie shares how Equipping the Called started and what we do on a daily basis to serve our local foster community.Our Story
Foster families love us!
Just a wonderful experience working with Julie. I found myself suddenly in custody of an amazing 16-year-old girl, and Julie helped me get what we needed to help her settle in. I can’t say enough about this agency or about the wonderful people who minister through it!
Equipping the Called has been a huge help to so many of the children that I’ve fostered. We’re beyond grateful!
These people that volunteer, that gather donations, even the ones that donate are all gifts from god for us foster parents!!
Volunteer With Us
We are always looking for individuals and groups to come volunteer with us, and with many different positions available, we are sure you will find something that fits. To get started, please contact us for more information.
Community Drive Outreach Coordinator
This volunteer or group will help host drives for new items. This is great for community and church groups!
- Develop and maintain relationships with churches and community organizations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well organized
- Implement strategies for organizations to host drives
- Work with program director in coordinating with churches and organizations
Fundraising Event Coordinator
This person will oversee fundraising events and drives.
- Experience managing events and/or coordinating fundraising efforts strongly preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Flexible, team player who is service oriented with high-level interpersonal skills
This volunteer position covers various duties, such as working with program director and co-founders to coordinate day-to-day operations.
- Good people skills
- Comfortable returning phone calls
- Familiar with technology (able to use apps)
Stock & Organize Closet Items
This volunteer or volunteer group will assist with stocking and keeping items organized.
- Physically and mentally healthy
- Having volunteer experience is preferred but not required
- Have a strong desire to help people and the community
- Good organizational skills and strategies